Jawas Read, Too! has moved to WordPress! The new address is http://jawasreadtoo.wordpress.com/

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://jawasreadtoo.wordpress.com/
and update your bookmarks. Thank you!

JRT has moved


Jawas Read, Too has recently switched blogging platforms.

The new location is here: Jawas Read, Too

All RSS feeds and URLs will have to be updated.

Thursday, August 6, 2009

My First Post

Because every new book blog needs an introductory post!

I've been writing book reviews for about a year now. Why? I graduated with a B.A. in English Literature and ran around flailing my arms wildly in despair thinking I'd never do anything of consequence book-wise again unless I:

A) went to grad school

B) got a job in the publishing industry like I want to (small press, please)

or

C) did freelance work writing essays, articles, poetry--anything to get published and gain experience writing

Anyone who's ever tried will (hopefully) be brutally honest with you and say, "Yes, it's pretty damn hard getting published." But that's not stopping me! In the meantime, whilst I send my work out circulating the nation, I decided to scratch the urge to keep writing essays by writing reviews for every book I read.

(obviously, I have, for one reason or another, chosen option C)

These reviews have been posted on my LiveJournal, a few LiveJournal communities, GoodReads, sometimes Amazon and Borders.com, and for about six months, thanks to Simon & Schuster UK letting me review their books for FREE, the new Simon & Schuster UK website.

I've been hesitant to create a brand new and completely separate book blog (my LiveJournal is also my personal blog) because I'm lazy, but also because I'm not sure if I have enough of a readership to make it worth the effort of monitoring two blogs when it feels like I have enough trouble roaming the wide, crowded avenues of LiveJournal.

I'm giving it a try anyway!

I read a lot of genres, but my favorites--and this is a broad list--are: Literature (ha ha), Contemporary Fiction, Historical Fiction, Fantasy, Science Fiction, YA books of similar genres, Star Wars (in a category of its own, folks), Literary Criticism, and some Social Sciences. I read comics, but don't review them. Sorry if this disappoints you.

As of right now, I won't be holding contests or doing interviews, but if those opportunities come up and I feel like it's something I can handle, I'll do it!

To get started, this weekend I'll be re-posting some of my more recent reviews from July. :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment

JRT have moved locations. Please redirect your comment to the new site: Jawas Read, Too!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Blog Archive

Hot Bliggity Blog

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP