Jawas Read, Too! has moved to WordPress! The new address is http://jawasreadtoo.wordpress.com/

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://jawasreadtoo.wordpress.com/
and update your bookmarks. Thank you!

JRT has moved


Jawas Read, Too has recently switched blogging platforms.

The new location is here: Jawas Read, Too

All RSS feeds and URLs will have to be updated.

Saturday, December 12, 2009

The Book Fairies - December Edition

Yes, yet another new feature!

For the past couple of months on LiveJournal, I've been posting up a photograph of the books I've received as gifts, review copies, contest prizes, or that I've bought myself.

I'd like to bring this feature over here and share with you readers! I call this "The Book Faeries" because, like the tooth fairy who gives you compensation for your lack of teeth, there's been many kind people who have made me feel incredibly lucky and grateful by providing me with books when I don't have the means to buy as many, or as often, as I used to.

This month's surprises are mostly thanks to TJ from Book Love Affair, who introduced me to BookCloseouts.com. It's a website that thrives on Bargain books (most of the time, there is nothing wrong with these books, although working in a bookstore, I often found an upside down binding, or British edition of a book lying around the bargain barges) and had a GREAT Black Friday deal. For $20 I got 5 books; 2 hardcover, 3 trade.

Octavia Butler's Lilith's Brood, an omnibus for her Xenogenesis Trilogy
Mercedes Lackey's Firebird, a fairy tale re-telling and my first Lackey book
Joe Haldeman's The Forever War
Mary Rosenblum's Horizons
Bernard Cornwell's Agincourt


The book on top is a separate deal. Simon & Schuster UK had fantastically huge Christmas/Holiday Giveaway. I walked away with Thomas Asbridge's The First Crusade!

This month has an extra photo of a non-book item I won from Heidi at SurLaLune Fairy Tales Blog. It's a beautiful (and heavy) Little Red Riding Hood Christmas Ornament! I love this fairy tale and I love this ornament. She also has a shop where you can buy your own! I recommend any of the Arthur Rackham paintings... He's one of my absolute favorites.


That's it for this month's edition of The Book Faeries! :)

2 comments:

TJ said...

BookCloseouts is pretty amazing. I'm hoping for a holiday sale soon. :)

Erika said...

Me, too!

Post a Comment

JRT have moved locations. Please redirect your comment to the new site: Jawas Read, Too!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Blog Archive

Hot Bliggity Blog

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP