Jawas Read, Too! has moved to WordPress! The new address is http://jawasreadtoo.wordpress.com/

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://jawasreadtoo.wordpress.com/
and update your bookmarks. Thank you!

JRT has moved


Jawas Read, Too has recently switched blogging platforms.

The new location is here: Jawas Read, Too

All RSS feeds and URLs will have to be updated.

Saturday, December 12, 2009

A New Feature!

I'd like to be more active here since I spend most of my blogging time on LiveJournal at the expense of all of you here on blogger. I've taken a couple of steps in that direction; there is a new layout and I made a new banner that, hopefully, showcases my wide range of taste when it comes to books! While I do favor SF/F, I could never limit myself to any one (or two) genres. The focus on this book blog is simply: books. And everyone around me knows, boy do I love me some books.

Now, on to the news!

I had an idea to start new conversations on Jawas Read, Too!, which is to ask a question every weekend and see what kind of fantastic answers you readers can provide!

This weekend's question deals with busy schedules and finding the time for one of our favorite hobbies: reading. Recently, I've had a lot going on in my personal life that's prevented me from reading as often as I'd like. And when I do finally get to sit down with a book, I get to feeling guilty. Why am I indulging when I should be doing something else? But I've found the perfect excuse. I never feel bad about curling up with a good book when I'm doing laundry. It's not as involved as cooking or cleaning where one has to be completely aware of what one is doing so as not to burn or spill anything. With laundry, I can dump my clothes in the washer and enjoy the wait. Of course, some of you may be more proactive than I am and combine other household duties with this spare time, but I prefer my method.

Here's my question to you: What's your perfect excuse for reading?

Also, if anyone wants to help me think up of a new title for this weekly event, your suggestions are more than welcome*. :)

My review for Twilight of Avalon, book one in Anna Elliott's Avalon Trilogy, should be up later this evening or tomorrow. Next on my list, Margaret Atwood's Oryx & Crake, followed by The Year of the Flood.


*Star Wars and Jawa-related themes are encouraged!

2 comments:

Lily Child said...

First of all, I LOVE the new banner! :)

Secondly, I love the new feature! Very nice! :)

I really don't have any excuses to read. It's my way of relaxing and escaping from reality for a bit. I honestly think that if I didn't read, I wouldn't be sane! :P

Erika said...

Thank you, on both counts. :)

I think it's a given we all read for different reasons, but my question was wondering more is there ever a time where, when you do read, is it ever given as an excuse to help pass the time away? For example, reading on a long trip, waiting in line, during a thunderstorm, etc.

I'm with you, though. I need to read to stay sane!

Post a Comment

JRT have moved locations. Please redirect your comment to the new site: Jawas Read, Too!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Blog Archive

Hot Bliggity Blog

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP