Jawas Read, Too! has moved to WordPress! The new address is http://jawasreadtoo.wordpress.com/

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://jawasreadtoo.wordpress.com/
and update your bookmarks. Thank you!

JRT has moved


Jawas Read, Too has recently switched blogging platforms.

The new location is here: Jawas Read, Too

All RSS feeds and URLs will have to be updated.

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Weekend Discussion

The holiday season is a reminder that another year is coming to a close. There were so many books I read this year and so many I loved. But I was recently reminded that there are books I received as gifts last Christmas that I haven't actually gotten around to reading yet!

Don't get me wrong--they're not books I dread starting. In fact, I'm quite excited about them. I've been hoarding them away "for a rainy day" because once I know I read them, the experience is over (The Faery Reel & The Green Man, both edited by Ellen Datlow, if anyone is interested). Has anyone else ever done this before?

Are there books that have been sitting on your shelf for weeks, months, even years? If there are, what are they? I'm embarrassed to say I still have books from when I was working at Waldenbooks/Borders Express 2 years ago. I'm making it my goal this year to get to those books in at least the first half of 2010. That's totally doable. ;)

The winners of this week's secret Twilight of Avalon Giveaway will be posted tomorrow morning!

3 comments:

TJ said...

Personally, I like keeping a few unread books on my shelves for future reading when I need them and can't get new books.

And yes, some of these have been years. :P

eidolons said...

The Faery Reel! I loved that collection!

I used to hold onto books that I knew I'd love to pieces. But now the waiting kills me and I devour them upon receipt. (:

Erika said...

@TJ I know that's why I kept so many unread books from work, I made a stockpile when we closed; I feel terrible about the ones that were gifts, though!

@eidolons I'm glad you enjoyed it! Incentive for me to get around to reading it sooner. :)

Post a Comment

JRT have moved locations. Please redirect your comment to the new site: Jawas Read, Too!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Blog Archive

Hot Bliggity Blog

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP