Jawas Read, Too! has moved to WordPress! The new address is http://jawasreadtoo.wordpress.com/

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://jawasreadtoo.wordpress.com/
and update your bookmarks. Thank you!

JRT has moved


Jawas Read, Too has recently switched blogging platforms.

The new location is here: Jawas Read, Too

All RSS feeds and URLs will have to be updated.

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Weekend Discussion: Valentine's Day Edition

Even if love isn't in the air, romance is something that most readers can appreciate in their books.  Whether you swoon over Darcy telling Elizabeth how much he "ardently admires" her, or find yourself getting drawn deeply into the dangerous and deranged obsession that is Bella and Edward, there's a little bit of love for everyone in the world of books.

What's your favorite bookish romantic couple?

I think mine would have to be Luke Skywalker and Mara Jade.

To share, here is a commission my boyfriend secretly had done for me a couple of years ago from the fabulous artist, Katie Cook:

I think they will always be my favorite. :)

6 comments:

eidolons said...

Phedre and Joscelin from the Kushiel books by Jacqueline Carey. Don't know why, but I just can't get enough.

TJ said...

As a general rule, the more complicated a relationship, the more I like it. Which is probably why most book romances don't do it for me. Still, I don't really have any "favorite" couple right now. :(

However, I just finished The Left Hand of Darkness and I want more friendship-romance of Genly Ai and Estraven. And I love all sorts of strange and embarassing relationships from Watchmen...

Erika said...

@TJ: I couldn't pick one because I'm so picky when it comes to love in books. That's why I went with a Star Wars one!

And oo! I can't wait until you review The Left Hand of Darkness! That book completely changed SF for me by introducing me to Le Guin. :)

TJ said...

The Left Hand of Darkness will definitely be up next week. Once I stop flailing...!

Eric Geller said...

Harry and Ginny. No, actually, Ron and Hermione. But only because Emma Watson is so freaking hot.

Erika said...

@Eric: Ron and Hermione are my favorite couple from the Harry Potter series. :) Although, I'll refrain from commenting on the hotness of Emma Watson. :p

Post a Comment

JRT have moved locations. Please redirect your comment to the new site: Jawas Read, Too!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Blog Archive

Hot Bliggity Blog

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP