Jawas Read, Too! has moved to WordPress! The new address is http://jawasreadtoo.wordpress.com/

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://jawasreadtoo.wordpress.com/
and update your bookmarks. Thank you!

JRT has moved


Jawas Read, Too has recently switched blogging platforms.

The new location is here: Jawas Read, Too

All RSS feeds and URLs will have to be updated.

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Giveaway: The White Queen

The White Queen by Philippa Gregory is a little special to me, and not just because I really, really loved reading it.  It was the first review I posted to JRT when I created the blog in August, even though I'd read the book in June.  I was that excited about it.

The first in a stunning new series, The Cousins War, is set amid the tumult and intrigue of The War of the Roses. Internationally bestselling author Philippa Gregory brings this family drama to colourful life through its women, beginning with the story of Elizabeth Woodville, the White Queen
The White Queen tells the story of a common woman who ascends to royalty by virtue of her beauty, a woman who rises to the demands of her position and fights tenaciously for the success of her family, a woman whose two sons become the central figures in a mystery that has confounded historians for centuries: the Princes in the Tower whose fate remains unknown to this day. From her uniquely qualified perspective, Philippa Gregory explores the most famous unsolved mystery, informed by impeccable research and framed by her inimitable storytelling skills.


Thanks to the fabulous Ally at Simon & Schuster UK, I have a surprise for you!  The paperback release of The White Queen was April 15th (today).  To celebrate, JRT is giving away 5 copies!

All you have to do to enter is comment with:


1. Your name
2. Your e-mail address


Contest closes April 29th - 5pm PST.

That's it!  The contest is open internationally.  You must provide an e-mail address so I can contact the winner for mailing information at the end.

If you're curious about my review, it's available here to read. Good luck! :)

This contest is now closed.

59 comments:

Lisa (starmetal_oak) said...

Yay! I haven't read this one yet.

1. Lisa
2. starmetaloak@gmail.com

Wendy said...

sounds a good read have rt for u too
1. wendy
2. jaz.whitt@fsmail.net

@kikicomp

Jude Dunn said...

Sounds a lovely book, would love to win a copy. Have retweeted on Twitter @jadlgw

Jude Dunn
jude_dunn@yahoo.co.uk

SeekingPlumb said...

Christina
plumb_@hotmail.com

mmzcreates said...

I wanted to read this book.
Marilyn Muniz
mmuniz1@tampabay.rr.com

Natasha said...

1. Tasha
2. sergeantskittles@gmail.com

Haven't read this one yet!

Pearl said...

This sounds great.I love historical fiction and read not nearly enough of it!

1. Pearl
2. mbarten72(at)upcmail(dot)nl

Dwayne said...

Sounds good!

Dwayne
dwaynehalim@hotmail.co.uk

thelady-lazarus said...

Lin

lincyrus@gmail.com


i havent read this one either! :D

wildeparis said...

Nellie
nealna@mail.uc.edu

anne.lcdp said...

I'd love to enter this one - thanks for the competition!

Anne
anne.lcdp@hotmail.co.uk

Lulu said...

Lucy Reynolds

lucyreynolds26@gmail.com

Heard so many good things about this on twitter!!

ravenalegria13 said...

1. Jessica
2. poulinator17@hotmail.com

jess-williams said...

1. Jessica Williams
2. jessica_williams_snape@yahoo.com

jedisakora said...

Ya, I would love to try it. ^^

1) Melissa
2) jedisakora@msn.com

Rachel said...

1) Rachel
2) Rachel.Melinda.Yarbrough@gmai.com

lutine said...

1. Jessica
2. cherieish@gmail.com

Bartelmy said...

Kali Ravel
KalisJRavel@hotmail.com

lady-ireth said...

Wow, a new philippa gregory! I love the constant princess soo much! I'll be so happy if i won!
1) Kinta Petunia
2) ireth_isilra_264@yahoo.com

kelly said...

1) Kelly Styron
2) kellystyron@gmail.com

lilithlee said...

1.) Amberli
2.) amibami@comcast.net

Stacy said...

1. Stacy
2. arysani [at] livejournal [dot] com

Amanda said...

1. Amanda
2. mouser211@hotmail.com

Bertha Fernanda said...

Great idea. Great book. I followed the Twitter feed for it and it was really interesting.

1.Fernanda
2.bradamante78@yahoo.co.uk

Parul said...

1. Parul
2. parul2999[at]gmail.com

:)

Tara said...

Tara
boomdier181 AT gmail DOT com

Lauryn said...

Lauryn
ldeluise[at]gmail[dot]com

bisoumoi said...

Oh me! Would love to read this book.

1. Yvonne
2. anneboleyn(at)gmail(dot)com

cd_mac said...

Chantel
cwilliams127(at)gmail(dot)com

giggles-19 said...

I love her books so I'd love to read this one!!

Nyssa

nickc_18@yahoo.com

Ms. Laura said...

I love her other stuff, I haven't read this one yet!

Laura
sleepingaurora at gmail dot com

fidget-angel said...

Would love to read this one!

1. Ekaterina
2. vitaminkka@gmail.com

Jocelyn said...

Cool!

Jocelyn
jocarlin at gmail dot com

Linda Ellen said...

Thanks for hosting this giveaway! =)

Linda
lindanmc (at) gmail.com

hibiscusrose said...

Elizabeth Woodville is an interesting woman!

Dawn
hibiscusrose72@yahoo.com

linda-greensky said...

Hi, I'd love to have this book.

Hope I'll win because I live in Ukraine and there is no possibility to buy this book here.

Linda
linda.greensky@gmail.com

buddyt said...

I have read the book but it was a friends copy I borrowed and I would love my own.

Thanks for opening it up to all worldwide.

1. Carol Thompson
2. buddytho {at} gmail DOT com

booksforfood said...

Ooh, yes please. It's been many a month since I read a Philippa Gregory.

1. Laura Lam
2. laura.rose.lam@gmail.com

liianna said...

1. SB
2. bluiish@gmail.com

muffledlaugh said...

Love Philippa Gregory!

1.Dena
2. ds364@cornell.edu

Giada M said...

Thank you sooooo much! I LOVE Philippa Gregory's books!*O*

1)Giada Mariani
2) fabgiada @ gmail.com

And thank you for making this giveaway international!

Robin said...

1) Robin
2) RobinUNDERSCOREchmuraATbaylorDOTedu

isarahelizabeth said...

1. Sarah
2. pen_SarahElizabeth@sbcglobal.net

notebookcafe said...

1. Agnes
2. regregreg@vipmail.hu

Erika said...

Thank you everyone who's entered so far!

I would like to point out.. for those international contestants who are thanking me for making it international.. You really need to thank Ally! Since I won't be mailing these out myself, she's made it possible for the contest to be open to international mailing. :)

Ali said...

Ali, alimartinde@gmail.com

Nancy said...

I love Philippa Gregory books.

Nancy
nancysoffice at gmail dot com

TJ said...

I'm not entering, but I'll post about this on Monday Coming Attractions. :)

splinfinitive said...

Erin
eepeck1@asu.edu

Ade C said...

1) Adelaida C.

2) adelaidacubides @ gmail . com

:)

Erika said...

@TJ: Thank you! I don't have a spiffy banner, but maybe I could try whipping one up to promote it... :)

Spav said...

I would love to win this one.

Arantza
spav05(at)gmail(dot)com

InABox said...

I love Philippa Gregory! The Queen's Fool is one of my favorites.

Erin (InABox)
whatinabox at gmail dot com

angie said...

I love her books and would love to win this!!
Angie D
bangersis(at)msn(dot)com

NorCalHarris said...

Stephen
stphnwllmhrrs@yahoo.xom

fully-immersed said...

Oh, looks interesting!

Kathryn
freedachickens@gmail.com

Chris Hall said...

1. Chris
2. chris374358[at]gmail[dot]com (since this one gets checked most)

WhiteLady3 said...

Let's see if I'm lucky...

1. Carla
2. carla_enke@hotmail.com

Vampires and Tofu said...

You mean I don't have to tweet, blog or sidebar to win???

I'm in!

Angelique
willowwind@gmail.com

Post a Comment

JRT have moved locations. Please redirect your comment to the new site: Jawas Read, Too!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Blog Archive

Hot Bliggity Blog

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP