Jawas Read, Too! has moved to WordPress! The new address is http://jawasreadtoo.wordpress.com/

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://jawasreadtoo.wordpress.com/
and update your bookmarks. Thank you!

JRT has moved


Jawas Read, Too has recently switched blogging platforms.

The new location is here: Jawas Read, Too

All RSS feeds and URLs will have to be updated.

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Summer of Series Begins!



It's here! Are you excited? I know I am! Also, a little apprehensive. With 36 books to read in the next 4 months, the size of my task is slowly sinking in. You'll forgive me if I'm as anxious as I am determined to bring you the best review and discussion section for each book.  I did have a giveaway planned, but unfortunately, decided I couldn't afford it. Perhaps later in the summer I'll be able to make it up to anyone who was looking forward to this. I apologize and hope there'll still be enthusiasm for the challenge?


I've already been a little flaky; has anyone else noticed a distinct lack of Weekend Discussions lately? I hope to bring them back.  It's been difficult to find topics of discussion lately. If anyone wants to offer a topic, I'd be more than happy to accept the challenge.

In any event, today kicks off JRT's Summer of Series Reading Challenge! All Summer of Series posts will feature the above graphic, for consistency.

This month's selection is a promising series published by Tor: Daniel Abraham's The Long Price Quartet.  We start with A Shadow in Summer. (Sign up here)


Some time in the next week I will be posting my review along with a set of ideas/themes/issues to discuss. Of course, I want these discussions to be as open-ended as possible. Anyone can bring up something from the book to share.  There will also be some rules to follow--mainly: be polite.  If it takes you longer to read the book, don't worry. I'll welcome your comments throughout the duration of the challenge!  I would like to try and get as many participating during the week, or at least the month of, each series, but time constraints and other obligations are completely understandable. Things can and will happen.

But that's enough talk.  Grab A Shadow in Summer, find a comfortable place to curl up, lay down, sit, or position yourself and let's have fun this summer!

5 comments:

TJ said...

You know, it occurs to me that I'll probably fail May miserably, but I have full confidence that I can finish the rest. So let's rock! :D

Erika said...

@TJ: That's the spirit! And, if you wind up reading the Abraham books at any point, you can always come back here and comment!

Erika said...

@calico-reaction: You should join the discussion for the other three whenever you can anyway. I would love to have you here taking part! :) I just received my copy of The Price of Spring today and so far, am enjoying A Shadow in Summer. :)

calico-reaction said...

I'll definitely comment on the books I've read/reviewed. You'll hear from me for all of the Moon, since I finished off that series last year. :)

Erika said...

@calico-reaction: Excellent! :D

Post a Comment

JRT have moved locations. Please redirect your comment to the new site: Jawas Read, Too!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Blog Archive

Hot Bliggity Blog

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP