Jawas Read, Too! has moved to WordPress! The new address is http://jawasreadtoo.wordpress.com/

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://jawasreadtoo.wordpress.com/
and update your bookmarks. Thank you!

JRT has moved


Jawas Read, Too has recently switched blogging platforms.

The new location is here: Jawas Read, Too

All RSS feeds and URLs will have to be updated.

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Weekend Discussion: The Nebula & Andre Norton Winners


The Nebulas were this weekend, but the ceremony to announce the winners in all categories was held last night. I only mentioned the Best Novel, Novella (well, sort of), and Andre Norton nominees and so, I will tell you which books won in those categories:

For Best Novel: The Windup Girl by Paolo Bacigalupi (link goes to my review)

For Best Novella: The Women of Nell Gwynne’s by Kage Baker

The Andre Norton Award: The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making
Congratulations to all of the nominees!  I had hoped Bacigalupi would win and was touched when his speech (I watched the ceremony on ustream) came unprepared because he honestly thought he would not win.  The Windup Girl was definitely one of the BEST Science Fiction novels I read last year. :)  If you haven't read it, I highly recommend that you do.

A full listing of all winners can be found here.

Be ready for tomorrow: I'll have a review of the upcoming Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce.

3 comments:

Shara said...

Is there a place I can watch this speech? :)

And why does OpenID hate me? :(

--Shara (Calico Reaction)

Erika said...

@Shara: You are not the only one experiencing problems with OpenID here. To make it worse, I don't know how to begin fixing the issue. :( I have been thinking strongly of switching to WordPress (I even have the URL account) where, frankly, you don't need to login every time you want to comment...

I wish there was a place to see the speech! It was only a couple of minutes long, but as far as I know, if it was recorded, it hasn't been uploaded yet. I just saw it streamed live as it happened. :\

nashvillebookworm said...

Windup Girl is in my TBR pile. I like to try and read all the Hugo nominees each year so I can pick the one I'd vote for and then complain when my choice doesn't win. (Or celebrate if it does!)

Post a Comment

JRT have moved locations. Please redirect your comment to the new site: Jawas Read, Too!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Blog Archive

Hot Bliggity Blog

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP